Cyclists, motorists, and everybody that rolls, hops, walks, slides, etc. is welcome, and we’ll have food and drink. Afterward we’ll have a film screening, the second of it’s kind at Bikerowave.
Bikeside Speaks is a lightning round of talks on current projects in bike activism, each of them followed by Q&A.
We’ll also have several heavy hitters giving talks on their interface with cycling, to be announced!
Here’s part of the lineup:
* Mihai Peteu: Winning with Data – Crowdsourcing & LA Bike Map
* Sara Bond: Personalizing Hit & Run
* Jeremy Grant: Connecting LA with the Backbone Bikeway Network
* Enci: Moving LA with The Greensters
* Stephen Box: Changing the world with Cyclists’ Rights
* Ron Durgin: Every street is a People Street – Sustainable Streets
* and a special presentation on Bikerowave, and it’s incredible progress as a bike co-op.
Alex Thompson will emcee, and may even give a short talk on the Bike Plan.
This is an easy way to see what Bikeside and our collaborators are up to, and to get involved. Come out and get engaged!
To RSVP via twitter visit http://twtvite.com/BikesideSPEAKS
To RSVP via facebook visit http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=126622544017986
If you’d like to help out, email Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll plug you in.
(please note, Bikerowave will be closing earlier than usual in order to accommodate Bikeside. Stands will be available outside for emergency repairs only.)
P.S. Thank you Jeremy Grant for the writeup!