RSS

Archive for the ‘Community’ Category

May 18th, 2010 - 6:00 am § in Community, Everything Bike & Metro

Bikeside Speaks! Saturday, May 22 @ 5pm

Save the date! Saturday, May 22nd, 5pm Bikerowave (12255 Venice Blvd) will host Bikeside for Bikeside’s new bike talk series: Bikeside Speaks! Cyclists, motorists, and everybody that rolls, hops, walks, slides, etc. is welcome, and we’ll have food and drink. Afterward we’ll have a film screeni[...]

May 17th, 2010 - 12:08 pm § in Community, Everything Bike & Metro

Santee Education Complex Global Debate Team publishes a pamphlet about LA’s Backbone Bikeway Network

Los Angeles, Ca. (May 13, 2010) – Yasmin, Richard, and Jackie of the Santee Debate Team announced today that they are making a pamphlet about their recent bike tour of the Backbone streets of Vermont, Wilshire, Crenshaw, Venice, Exposition, Figueroa, and La Brea. The pamphlet is a service project [...]

March 13th, 2010 - 5:05 am § in Community

ArtCycle Celebrates Art, Cycling Culture and Public Space in East Hollywood

The East Hollywood Neighborhood Council has been, to the best of my knowledge, the most supportive Neighborhood Council in the Arts and in the Cycling Culture. East Hollywood NC has endorsed the Cyclists’ Bill of Rights, declared itself a Pedestrian Oriented Neighborhood, participated in Park[[...]

March 11th, 2010 - 3:22 am § in Community

Bike Week – “In the Living Room of LA’s Bicycle Culture” at Barnsdall Municipal Gallery

Jennifer Moran, Brian Janeczko, Enci Box and Aurisha Smolarski present the collaborative project, In the Living Room of LA’s Bicycle Culture, highlighting a small aspect of bike culture with the audience invited to be participants. The installation puts the culture on display, and includes discuss[...]

October 30th, 2009 - 8:05 pm § in Community

Halloween in Silver Lake & East Hollywood

Mi Alma & SLGA proudly present The Silver Lake & East Hollywood DAY OF THE DEAD Sunday, November 1ST 3PM to 9PM FREE EVENT Mi Alma Courtyard 4016 Santa Monica Blvd. @ Sunset Junction in Silver Lake Special Day of the Dead Ceremony with Templo Santa Muerte Arts & Crafts by: Diane Grajeda [...]

October 27th, 2009 - 11:55 am § in Community

A Shopping Spree on a Bike

I don’t know Cosmo, but I met her husband a couple times during my film screening and on bike related events. He seemed like a very nice guy, has a little girl and I thought I’ll befriend his wife Cosmo. I started reading her blog LACycleChic and followed her on twitter and I’m hop[...]

September 23rd, 2009 - 9:28 pm § in Community

Crenshaw Crush – NC’s Ride!

On Sunday, September 27th, we celebrate the history, the politics, the culture, the personality and the community of Crenshaw with a bike ride of discovery and celebration. Join us and visit beautiful neighborhoods, significant community spaces, historic sites, local favorite hot spots, institutions[...]

September 17th, 2009 - 11:18 pm § in Community

PARK[ing] Day LA Activities

All Day and Everywhere, Friday, September 18th LA is celebrating Park[ing] Day! Folks from all over step up to the curb, put a quarter in the meter, and proceed to turn a park[ing] space into a temporary park, all in an effort to stimulate a dialogue on public space, how we allocate it and what [&he[...]

August 30th, 2009 - 4:39 am § in Community

Park[ing] Day LA Workshop Coming to East Hollywood

Appeared originally in CityWatch, Aug 28, 2009 Great Cities are great for many reasons but they typically share one thing in common, a commitment to creating and maintaining a foundation of vibrant and dynamic public space that brings people together and creates community.[...]

August 7th, 2009 - 9:17 am § in Community

Crenshaw Crush Discovery Ride

We’ve been invited to help organize the Crenshaw Crush, a Sunday morning discovery bike ride on September 27 in the Crenshaw district. Preliminary plans include a bit of a welcome program, chicory coffee and beignet, lots of rest stops with speakers who can talk about the political and cultura[...]